National industry engagement technical workshops for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector is vital to Canada’s economy. Globally, it is driving the evolution and growth of knowledge-based economy. The Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax incentive program supports R&D investments in Canada towards risks associated with attempting to advance technology.
The CRA is launching a first: a series of national workshops aimed at directly supporting businesses conducting R&D in the ICT sector. During these workshops, businesses will gain valuable insights into how to best relate their innovation to SR&ED. Useful tips and best practices will also be provided to help businesses receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED program. Also, this is an opportunity for businesses to engage directly with the CRA.
These workshops extend the CRA’s general and ICT sector specific webinars by providing further technical guidance. The proposed workshops will consist of 2 distinct sessions targeting two important audiences.
- The morning session (8:30am to 12:00pm) is intended for Executives such as CTOs, CFOs, and VPs. In this session, you will gain valuable insights into the following areas:
- Relating your innovation to SR&ED, and
- Understanding how the CRA determines eligibility through an example.
- The afternoon session (1:00pm to 4:30pm) is intended for Project Managers and Technical Leads. The focus of this session is to provide:
- further insights into eligibility through a “technical deep-dive” of the example presented in the morning session,
- useful tips and best practices to efficiently track eligible activities and retain relevant information using the same example, and
- tips on preparing SR&ED claims.
These workshops are intended to help businesses receive their full entitlements under the SR&ED program in a predictable and timely manner while reducing their cost of compliance.
There is no charge to attend. Pre-registration is required, as seating is limited.
When you register for one of our workshops, you will be asked to provide your name, telephone number, email address, business name, and your role within your organization. This registration information will be used only for the purpose of registering for this specific event. It will not be shared with any other organization or used for any other purpose.
Confirmation of registration, including additional details (e.g. venue), will be sent via the email provided on the form three weeks before the event. As seating will be limited, preference will be given to Businesses performing R&D in the ICT sector.
- Moncton – English / French, September 4, 2018
- Halifax – English, September 6, 2018
- Ottawa – English / French, September 13, 2018
- Edmonton – English, September 18, 2018
- Calgary – English, September 20, 2018
- Victoria – English, September 24, 2018
- Vancouver – English, September 27, 2018
- Toronto – English, October 2, 2018
- Waterloo – English, October 4, 2018
- Québec – French, October 10, 2018
- Montréal – French / English, November 1, 2018