Consulting Skills – A Primer for Experts and Beginners
[table id=1 /]
Description: All successful consultants share common characteristics, skills, and strengths. The IEEE presentation is intended to introduce aspiring consultants to the fundamentals of consulting to management, and to provide useful tips to those who have been in the business for some time now. Some of the topics that will be discussed are:
- Self assessment vis-à-vis what is required to become a successful consultant
- Types of consulting
- Who are your clients and how can you help them?
- How to present and sell recommendations?
- You vs. your brand
- Balancing your projects and personal life
- Incorporating your consulting business (or not)
- Assessing the competition and the role of partnerships
- How to set your consulting fees?
- Developing a winning proposal
- Case Study: Servicing the federal government
The virtual series of IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference (WIE ILC) 2020.
The IEEE WIE ILC Virtual Series will take place throughout June 2020,
offering 1-hour sessions, live panel discussions, virtual networking
opportunities, and an on-demand library for you to browse when it’s
convenient for you. Registration is free!
Visit http://ieee-wie-ilc.org/virtual2020/ for more information.