Innovation enables organizations to open new avenues of product differentiation by customizing products. In today’s rapidly changing business environment, engineers must innovate quickly to incorporate new features while reducing development costs and delivering new products to the market before the competition. Simulation plays a key role in helping engineers drive innovation, enabling complete virtual prototypes of complex systems to be validated across all physics and engineering disciplines.
Join us as we return to Ottawa for our 4th Annual ANSYS Innovation Conference on May 8, 2019! This one-day conference will provide detailed insight into how leading companies are utilizing simulation to advance their product development. We will bring together ANSYS users, partners, developers, and industry experts for networking, learning, and sharing of new ideas.
What You Will Learn
- Experience new simulation capabilities that provide unprecedented design insight as they speed your time to market
- Incorporate various productivity enhancement tools and techniques into your engineering department’s workflow
- Gain insights into 5G system development with physics-based simulation and cover critical design issues, such as antenna performance, semiconductor reliability, and thermal integrity
- Identify signal integrity issues early in the design cycle for electronics IC packages, PCBs, connectors and other complex interconnects
- Modify antenna design, predict antenna efficiency and the overall thermal and EM performance of the product based on electromagnetic and thermal coupling solutions
A talk on AI (Artificial Intelligence) titled “Managing the development of AI and Machines that learn” presented by the CEO of nuenergy.ai, Niraj Bhargava.
It is widely acknowledged that AI technology will
transform organizations and society around the globe – and with recent
advancements in processing power, data accessibility, and algorithms we
suddenly find ourselves at the beginning of this transformation.
Introducing the Machine Trust Index (MTI), assisting us to boldly
proceed with a responsible, innovative spirit. The goal of the MTI is to
establish an open and versatile framework for measuring and managing
trust in the evolving sphere of AI. The MTI provides measurable
evidence, transparency and accountability of an AI solution, allowing
providers to effectively communicate the value of their solutions as
well as their measurable trustworthiness.
Niraj Bhargava is Founder and CEO of NuEnergy.ai,
the developers of the Machine Trust Index™ (MTI) for managing AI
deployments. He is also Chair of the Innovation Committee of the Board
at the Royal Ottawa. Niraj was President and CEO of Enerstat
Limited, and led it through its turnaround and acquisition, Founding CEO
of QCED Inc., a faculty member in Entrepreneurship at Queen’s
University, a Director of the Queen’s Executive MBA, and then Dean of
the Business School at Royal Roads University. Niraj practiced
engineering at Bell-Northern Research and global marketing at General
Electric, and was the founding General Manager of GE Energy Management. Niraj was the founding CEO of Fluent.ai in Montreal and Co-Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Energate Inc.
The PATW is a global competition for Young professionals and students within engineering to develop and showcase presentation skills. Membership to the IET is not a requirement to enter, but you must be 18-30 years of age and be prepared to;
Deliver a 10 minute presentation on any engineering or technology related area. Enhance your knowledge, develop your skills, increase your profile, and open doors for your career.
For more details see : https://www.theiet.org/PATW
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for event information and/or for registration.
Why should you attend?
· Data analytics is a priority for many organizations
· Many jobs now call for some level of analytic
· Storytelling with data will soon become a “must
What is Cognos Analytics?
“IBM® Cognos® Analytics integrates data preparation,
reporting, modeling, self-service analysis, dashboards, stories, event
management and now automated predictive analytics into one stack. Moreover, the
latest release makes extensive use of AI, including machine learning, natural
language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG), in order to
automate as many features for the end user as possible, in an effort to make
BI, analytics and predictive analysis easy for business users.”
About the speaker:
Mohammed Omar Khan is an Offering Manager on the IBM Cognos
Analytics. He works with the development, design, sales, marketing, support and
more teams to make Cognos Analytics a leader in the BI market. He is a Carleton
University Alumni. Some of his achievements include 2nd place in Data Day 5.0
Poster Competition held at Carleton University, IBM VP Award, and IBM Managers
Algonquin College – School of Advanced Technology
MORE THAN 40 PART-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS AVAILABLE
SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019
9am to 1pm
Join the learner-driven workforce of one of the National Capital Region’s Top Employers.
Enjoy a career you can be proud of by helping our learners become the leaders of tomorrow. We are looking for part-time faculty members in the following programs:
• Aviation Management – General Arts and Science
• Computer Engineering Technology – Computing Science
• Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician
• Manufacturing Engineering Technician
• Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Computer Programmer
• Computer Systems Technician
• Computer Systems Technology – Security
• Bachelor of Information Technology – Network Technology