75th Annual IEEE Ottawa Section AGM and Banquet
55 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
We are pleased to welcome you to the 75th Annual General Meeting of the IEEE Ottawa Section.
This annual event provides an opportunity for recognizing and honouring outstanding individuals and groups within the IEEE Ottawa Section and hearing from academia and industry leaders through keynote speeches.
This event sells out every year and attracts 150+ members and leaders from academia, industry, and government. In addition to a great agenda, there will be plenty of time allotted for socializing, networking and enjoying a night of entertainment.
This year’s theme is Smart Cities and Marc René de Cotret, Director, Service Transformation, City of Ottawa, will present Smart City 2.0, the City of Ottawa’s smart city strategy built on three pillars: connectivity, a smart economy, and an innovative municipal government.
Date: Friday 15 November 2019
Time: 05:30 PM to 10:15 PM
- 05:30 PM: Networking and Arrival
- 06:00 PM: AGM Business (optional)
- 6:30 PM: AGM Awards Banquet
- 7:15 PM: Keynote
- 8:00 PM: Awards
- 09:00 PM: post-AGM Social and Networking
- 10:15 PM: Closing
Location: Shaw Centre (formerly Ottawa Convention Centre), Trillium Ballroom
Address: 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON
Event contact: Ajit Pardasani, Vice-Chair, IEEE Ottawa Section
Registration Link: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/206258
Marc René de Cotret, Director, Service Transformation of City of Ottawa
Topic: Smart Cities
Smart City 2.0, the City of Ottawa’s smart city strategy, is built on three pillars: connectivity, a smart economy, and an innovative municipal government. Marc’s presentation will provide a high level overview on the progress of the implementation of the strategy, focusing on some recent key initiatives. These include projects related to the autonomous vehicle test track, open data program and mobile app as well as initiatives to better leverage artificial intelligence and augmented reality, among others. Finally, he will conclude with a look ahead at upcoming projects.
Marc René de Cotret joined the City of Ottawa’s Innovative Client Services Department as the Director of Service Transformation in April 2017.
He leads the Service Transformation team, which is responsible for delivering the City’s strategic planning process, smart city strategy, digital and innovation initiatives, open data program, and organizational effectiveness efforts to cultivate a culture of innovation and client-centric service delivery.
Prior to joining the City, Marc was an Associate Partner with the Digital Operations practice of IBM’s Global Business Services. He has extensive consulting experience in strategy, business operations, and transformation. He has worked for large-scale clients in numerous sectors including all levels of government, public safety, health care, construction and engineering, defense, pulp & paper, industrial shipbuilding, nuclear regulatory, and taxation.
Marc has a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Ottawa.
Acceptance of the AGM 2018 Minutes
The acceptance of the AGM 2018 minutes will be held during the AGM Business portion at 06:00 PM. The minutes can be viewed at: https://www.ieeeottawa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IEEE_Ottawa_AGM2018_minutes.pdf
The IEEE Ottawa Section Nominations and Appointments Committee will propose the nominees for the 2020 IEEE Ottawa Section Executive. The elections will be held during the AGM Business portion at 06:00 PM.
The AGM provides a few booths to organizations that wish to showcase their accomplishments / products. For $250, an organization will get a display booth and two complimentary admissions to the events. If interested, please contact Michael Lalondeat email@example.com
A three course dinner will be served.
- Garlic & Cauliflower – (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free) – Roasted Garlic and Truffled Cauliflower Soup with Charred Cauliflower
Main Course Menu Options:
- Artichoke Caprese Chicken Supreme – Stuffed Ontario Chicken Supreme, Spinach Orzo Pasta, Thyme Butter Braised Baby Vegetables and Olive Oil Demi-Glaze
- Miso Glazed Salmon (Dairy Free) – Buckwheat Noodles, Sesame Seed Braised Daikon and Carrots with Lemongrass Lobster Broth and Lobster Salsa
- White Bean Truffle Cassoulet – (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free) – White Bean Cassoulet with Eggplant and Lentil Meatless Meatballs, Fleur de Sel Crouton
- Cheesecake – (Vegetarian) – White Chocolate, Pumpkin and Local Goat Cheese with Berry Splash and Cardamom Spread
NOTE: a Tatin or a fruit plate is available as dessert upon request. Please leave a comment in the “Special Requests” field on the registration page if you have any dietary restrictions or require any accommodations.
- Tatin – (Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free, and Gluten Free) – Upside Down Peach Tort with an Oat Crumble Crust)*for those that cannot have the cheesecake due to dietary restrictions*
All prices include HST. HST (# 86168 0296 RT0001).