Welcome to the local Ottawa WIE chapter site. IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists. IEEE WIE strives to:
- RECOGNIZE women's outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- ORGANIZE receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- ADVOCATE women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- PROVIDE assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and supports ongoing activities.
- PROMOTE IEEE Member Grade advancement for women to the grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- FACILITATE the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs.
- ADMINISTER the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.