News and Announcements
- July 24, 2012: Please join us for CISDA 2013 in Singapore from April 15-19, 2013!
- July 14, 2012: CISDA 2012 is now closed. With over 66 total attendees and participants, thank you to everyone who made it a grand success!
- July 12, 2012: Due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to swap Thursday's Plenary Talk (PLE2) and Friday's Invited Tutorial (TUT1). Please refer to the Final Program for more details.
- July 10, 2012: Note that the hotel has informed us of the following room changes: Richelieu presentations will move to the Panorama room and Frontenac presentations will move to the Pinnacle room. Both the Panorama and Pinnacle rooms are located on the Penthouse Floor.
- July 5, 2012: Note that due to renovations to the Delta Ottawa City Centre, the main entrance of the hotel is through Queen Street. The venue rooms (i.e. Richelieu and Frontenac) are located on the Conference Level.
- July 4, 2012: The banquet will be held at the Velvet Room (62 York Street) on Wednesday July 11, 2012 from 6:30pm to 9:00pm. All conference participants are invited to attend.
- June 27, 2012: The technical program has been published! It can be accessed here. A reminder that conference registration will be held from 8:00-8:20 each day of the conference.
- June 11, 2012: Early bird registration and final paper submission deadline have been extended until June 18, 2012. Please ensure that your camera-ready papers are submitted and registered as soon as possible!
- May 25, 2012: Notifications of acceptance/rejection were sent out on May 23, 2012. The registration website has also been opened. It can be accessed here. A reminder that the registration deadline to cover the publication of accepted papers in the proceedings is June 11, 2012.
- May 15, 2012: Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent out on May 23, 2012. We had to delay them as we extended the original submission deadline. Thank you for your patience.
- April 10, 2012: The online paper submission system is now open. All regular and special session papers are to be submitted through this system. More details can be found here.
- February 27, 2012: Submission deadline has been extended until April 23, 2012. Please ensure that your full papers are submitted here.
General Chair Message
Welcome to CISDA 2012! This year, the symposium is being organized in Ottawa, Canada on July 11-13, by the IEEE CIS Security, Surveillance and Defence Applications Task Force under the Intelligent Systems Applications Technical Committee (ISATC).
Stay tuned for more news and announcements in the coming weeks! Also, please feel free to review the previous editions of this workshop:
- CISDA 2009 website which was held in Ottawa, Canada on July 8-10, 2009.
- CISDA 2010 website which was held in Barcelona, Spain on July 18, 2010.
- CISDA 2011 website which was held in Paris, France on April 15, 2011.
Call For Papers
Fifth IEEE Symposium on
Given the current global security environment, there has been increased interest within the security and defense communities in novel techniques for solving challenging problems. The genesis of this interest lies in the fact that repeated attempts of using traditional techniques have left many important problems unsolved, and in some cases, not addressed. New problems have emerged within the broad areas of security and defense that are difficult to tackle with conventional methods, thus requiring new techniques for detecting and adapting to emerging threats.
The purpose of the workshop is to present current and ongoing efforts in computational intelligence (e.g., neural networks, fuzzy systems, evolutionary computation, swarm intelligence, and other emerging learning or optimization techniques) as applied to security and defense problems.
|Advanced Architectures for Defense Operations||Modeling and Simulation of Defense Operations||Security Applications|
For a comprehensive list of areas covered by the term computational intelligence please see IEEE CIS Technical Activities.